Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Chemistry of Death by Simon Beckett

I read this book recently over a few days time while I was home alone in the evenings. That I might add may not be such a good idea, considering the fact that I did get a wee bit spooked out. Not that it is a book of ghost stories but it is a murder mystery that will definitely make you think ‘is here someone outside that door? Is it the gentle humming of the refrigerator in the dead of the night or just maybe little more than that..” I did lock up and checked many times over before my mind could rest in peace and continue reading.
 

The book is about a forensics expert David who thinks he has buried his past and started life afresh as a doctor in a small and quaint obscure Norfolk village. The past that reminds him of the loss of his wife and daughter creeps back to stare right at his face when women begin to get abducted and murdered in the most gory way as described in the book by the author Simon Beckett. The mystery ensues engulfing all the inhabitants of the village into a thick cloud of suspicion as the murderer had to be one amongst themselves. Would more women have to face death in the most horrid ways imaginable before they find out who is the deranged albeit conniving mind behind the series of murders that are unearthed shockingly, shaking the village out of its slumber? Find out more as I did towards the end of the book with an ending that I could have possibly not guessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment